How do I get ready to greet my granddaughter aged ten and my grandson aged five?
Toys, games and books.
They know where to find them: My grandson's favourite is a train-set. Although he probably will be disappointed that I have not moved on to Star War's gear. His big sister comes prepared with her I-pod.
Pancakes
My grandchildren would probably disown me, if I forgot those.
Stool and bathroom-door key.
Photo albums.
'Who's that?' they ask.
'Your mum.'
'Why did she have such short hair?'
'Because it was easier that way'.
'Who's that, then?'
'Me.'
'YOU had long ringlets!
'It used to hurt having my hair done. That's why I decided that your mum should have short hair.'
'What was your favourite song, when you were little?'
''Teddy bear's picnic'
'Oh, Mormor (Danish for Granny - literally mother's mother) this one's much cooler!'


You are a great granny!
SvarSlet